Newcastle Can Cook
*NEW COURSE STARTING 23rd JANUARY*
We're really excited to let you know that we've teamed up with the fantastic Food Nation team to launch Newcastle Can Cook, a 6-week cookery course to help you on your Newcastle Can journey.
This cookery course will take you through the basics of good nutrition and help you plan for a healthy lifestyle full of delicious recipes. Each week you will learn a selection of recipes, pick up essential cooking skills and build your knowledge and understanding of the nutrition principles for a healthy and happy you.
“Newcastle Can is all about bringing the community together to get fitter and healthier, and a big part of doing just that is changing the way we eat. So we're really excited to launch the Newcastle Can cooking classes with the fantastic team at Food Nation. In these sessions you'll learn about good food, practical nutrition, and the sheer joy of creating beautiful, homemade dishes that you can share with your family and friends. You’ll soon find out that making great food that's really good for you can be quick and easy and won't break the bank. I can't wait to see your creations - please share with us on the Newcastle Can socials using #NewcastleCan” – Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall
The details: how it works
- Each week you’ll learn to cook a selection of healthy and delicious recipes from the Food Nation Cooking Skills Trainers with hands-on cookery workshops teaching recipes step-by-step. Newcastle Can member Kate is one of the trainers, read about her inspiring Newcastle Can journey here.
- Food Nation been able to reduce the cost of attending this cookery course especially for people involved in Newcastle Can by 50%, to just £5 per class. This £5 is simply to cover costs of ingredients and the space you'll be cooking in – Food Nation won't be making any profit from this.
- No matter what your experience in the kitchen is you’ll be learning something new and creating something delicious every week.
- Classes will take place at Food Nation Cooking Skills Centre, 32 Heaton Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 1SD.
- Get all the details and sign up here.
If you want some new recipe inspiration and you’re ready to learn the basics about good nutrition, then this is the cookery course for you. Don’t worry if you are new to the kitchen or have been cooking for years – this course is suitable for absolutely all levels of cooking.
"As well as the nutritional side I was also happy to learn more about food prep and gain new cooking skills, especially knife/chopping techniques. It’s great being able to chop an onion like a pro!"
"I loved the kale and mushroom lasagne and have cooked this at home. I am also much more careful to measure ingredients such as oil and find myself checking the nutritional labelling when shopping now, it finally makes sense."