Join the virtual challenge on December 9th!
The holiday season is nearly here and we know how busy it gets. That's why we've teamed up with Active Newcastle on their virtual This Girl Can Christmas Activity.
It's FREE, it's fun, you can make it what you want, and it's something new! Anyone can join (men, women, children, grandparents, friends, dogs, pets!) and do any activity they want - swim, walk, jog, run.
A virtual event allows you to take part in the challenge at a time and place that suits you. You don’t even have to do your chosen distance in one go - you have 24 hours to complete it.
All you need to do is:
- Save the date - December 9th! As it's a virtual event that means that you can do it at anytime that day and anywhere that suits you.
- Choose to take part in a team or by yourself - whether that's a group of friends or colleagues and you're all committing to walking a mile each, or whether it's on your own, you decide.
- Register at http://bit.ly/2gSDNCS
- Choose your activity and a distance to cover - a walk on the beach, your normal park run, anything you like! Simply commit to getting active on December 9th and join people all across the city in doing so.
- Complete the activity on 9th December -in one go or spread throughout the day!
Take a photo of you taking part in your activity (ideas below!) and send it to Active Newcastle via Facebook, Twitter or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Take a picture of your results / measures on your smart watch / smartphone
- If taking part in Parkrun forward us your email results
- Take a selfie of you out on the route
Active Newcastle will be giving away prizes for EVERYONE taking part and EXTRA prizes for those getting in the Christmas spirit and getting dressed up, so show us your Santa Selfies!
Submissions need to be in by 23.59pm on 10th December 2017.
If you require more information email: Jodi.Kean@newcastle.gov.uk
You will be a virtual participant, running, walking or jogging with people all over Newcastle, proving that Newcastle CAN!