NEWCASTLE CAN CHALLENGES!
Check If you’re lacking inspiration then check out the below challenges and choose a few to take on as a way to mix things up.
We’re not suggesting that you do all of them but why not choose a few and give them a go over the coming weeks - try something new each day, or each week. Don’t overwhelm yourself, but pick a few things to try that you think might work for you.
Get ready for the holiday season with some Newcastle Can challenges!
- Reduce portion sizes - start with one meal each day, try using a smaller plate, check out our guide for portion sizes and weight loss.
- Up your water intake - switch out the sugary drinks and cut the empty calories.
- Have some fruit or veg at EVERY meal - make sure that you’re actually getting your 5 a day.
- Stop snacking - cut out the daily chocolate bar or bag of crisps. If you’re hungry between meals and want a snack, opt for something else - fruit, veg, a handful of nuts.
- Pack a lunch - Switch the meal deals, stale sarnies and soggy sausage roll and try this lunch recipe. It’s good for your waistline and your wallet!
- Make time for a proper breakfast every day - swap the sugary cereal for some porridge, some fruit and yoghurt or some eggs on toast. Get more ideas here.
- Get active! 200 squats (4 x 50) across a day, 200, lunges across the day, running on the spot, dancing whilst you’re waiting for the kettle to boil, or whilst you’re brushing your teeth - check out this guide for working out at home with no equipment needed. Like running? Then check out these places to go running across the city.
- Up your steps - use the app on your phone to count how many steps you’re doing each day, go walking in your break each day for a month, or get off the bus or metro a stop earlier every day. Can you up your steps to 15,000?
- Ditch the lift and take the stairs - run up them instead of walking if you can!
- Cut back on the booze - chose a couple of days each week to ditch the alcohol and give your body a break.
- Try a NEW activity – walking, running, hula hooping, ping pong – try something new. If you hate, you don’t have to keep doing it!
- Mix up your drinks - Switch out your coffee, latte or hot chocolate for a herbal tea or hot water and lemon at least once a day.
- Cook! Save some money and eat at home, cook from scratch and have your friends come to you instead of eating out too much. Check out lots of recipes here.
Have fun, let us know how you get on and share your challenge ideas with us in the comments below.